Friday, July 17, 2009

JetAmerica = Dead


While we were all expecting this day to come, and unfortunately it didn't come 2 days ago (otherwise I would've won the pool! lol, jk!)

I'm not really surprised about this though...a part of me wanted them to work out, but an airline that offered $9 fares, delayed start-up dates, and had slot-issues...umm...not gonna work!

Sorry to everybody who bought tickets with them! I guess you'll have to find a new airline to fly with!

Here is a quote from John Weikle, CEO of JetAmerica
"We are reluctantly suspending our public charter operations effective today...Finalizing the slots required to support our charter program at Newark has taken longer than expected and we have decided to suspend our flights in order to refocus on different markets."

I really wanted to see a ULCC work in the United States, but I guess not! (I really wish we had an American version of Michael O'Leary!...now that would be interesting!...I am not saying Mr. Weikle would be that person, but one day we should have one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment